West Chester Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical procedures can be scary. Just going to a doctor is terrifying for some people. However, the last thing anyone expects is that they will be injured or become ill due to the careless or negligent actions of a medical professional. At Wilk Law, we are here to help if you need a West Chester medical malpractice attorney by your side. Our team has the resources necessary to investigate complex medical mistakes cases throughout Pennsylvania, and we want to help you recover full compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Wilk Law for Your Medical Malpractice Claim?
- At Wilk Law, our philosophy is simple – we do not take on a case; we take on a cause. We were formed with the concept of protecting clients’ rights, and we do this by taking cases that we are passionate about.
- We have obtained significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients in West Chester and throughout Pennsylvania.
- We take West Chester medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about paying a dime in legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, and the burden of proof for a claim to be successful is a hard mountain to climb over for most individuals. However, when a skilled medical malpractice attorney in West Chester gets involved with your case, you can trust that they will walk you through the entire process. An attorney can:
- Gather the evidence needed to prove liability
- Work with medical expert witnesses who can evaluate the incident and provide testimony
- Ensure their client is properly cared for by trusted medical professionals
- Handle negotiations with insurance carriers and legal teams for the medical provider or agency in question
- Fully prepare the case for trial if necessary
Most Common Medical Mistakes
Data from Johns Hopkins researchers have shown that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the US. The researchers indicate that around 250,000 people lose their lives each year as a result of preventable medical errors and that many thousands more are injured as a result of these incidents.
Medical malpractice claims can arise in various ways in West Chester and throughout Pennsylvania, including the following:
- Providers failing to monitor patients before or after a procedure
- Mistakes made when prescribing or administering medications
- Failing to properly diagnose a patient
- The misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Surgical errors (brain injuries, etc.)
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Failing to follow up on test results
- Failing to obtain a patient medical history
- Healthcare-acquired infections
- Allowing conditions for patient fall injuries
This is by new means a complete list of the ways that medical mistakes can occur as a result of the careless or negligent actions of medical professionals. We encourage you to contact a medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible to discuss what happened to you.
Contact a West Chester Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured as a result of the negative actions of a medical professional in the West Chester area, reach out to the team at Wilk Law for help as soon as possible. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your claim, and we want to make sure that you are fully compensated for your losses. When you need a West Chester medical malpractice attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for our contact form or call us at (855) 938-1757.