West Chester Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can impact all areas of your life. Not only can you suffer serious physical injuries, but a car accident can affect your financial, mental, and emotional well-being. If a negligent driver injured you or your loved one, contact Wilk Law for help.
At Wilk Law, our car accident attorneys understand that the aftermath of a wreck can be devastating. Our firm has the resources, knowledge, and experience necessary to help you move forward with your life. When you retain Wilk Law, you have access to:
- Prompt and sound legal advice;
- Attorneys who care about you and your situation; and
- Aggressive negotiators and litigators with a track record of success.
Contact our law office today to schedule a free claim evaluation. A Chester County car accident attorney will meet with you to discuss any legal options available to you and answer your car accident questions. At Wilk Law, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no legal fees or expenses unless we collect money for you.
Why Choose Wilk Law for a Car Accident Claim in West Chester?
- At Wilk Law, our team possesses the legal acumen necessary to provide exceptional representation, and we advocate passionately, ethically, and aggressively on behalf of our clients.
- We focus solely on personal injury law, which means that we have developed the skills and experience necessary to handle every aspect of West Chester vehicle accident claims.
- We provide an individualized approach to every case, which means that our clients will receive personalized attention from their attorney from the beginning to the end of their claims.
West Chester Car Accident Resources & FAQs
- How Our West Chester Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
- Causes of Car Accidents in West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Common Car Accident Injuries in West Chester
- Car Accident Compensation
- What to Do After a Car Accident in West Chester
- Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim in West Chester
- What if You Were Partially At Fault for a West Chester Car Accident?
- How to Afford a West Chester Car Accident Attorney
How Our West Chester Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
At Wilk Law, our clients are our priority. No two car accident cases are alike. That is why our attorneys work directly with you to create a legal strategy that meets your needs.
Studies show that car accident victims who work with an attorney receive more compensation than those who handle their claims. Not only does Wilk Law work tirelessly to get you maximum compensation for your injuries, but we also seek to hold negligent parties responsible for your personal injuries.
Meet with Wilk Law to learn more about our client services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting a thorough car accident investigation;
- Identifying all parties who are liable for your injuries;
- Uncovering every available source of compensation;
- Hiring needed experts in the accident reconstruction, medical, and financial fields;
- Calculating your total losses and demanding a fair settlement from the insurance company;
- Handling all insurance company correspondence;
- Preparing your car accident claim for court;
- Negotiating a just settlement with the insurance company; and
- Taking your case to court and trial, if necessary.
Most car accident cases settle before any court hearings. However, Wilk Law will go to trial if that is the best option for your car accident case. Take your first step towards accident recovery by calling our car accident lawyers office today.
Causes of Car Accidents in West Chester, Pennsylvania
An auto accident is often the result of driver negligence or error. Approximate 350 car accidents take place in Pennsylvania daily. Driver negligence in Pennsylvania and across the United States takes many forms, including:
- Drunk driving;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving drowsy;
- Failure to follow traffic signs and signals;
- Failure to notice pedestrians;
- Driving inappropriately for weather conditions;
- Failure to perform vehicle maintenance; and
- Driving aggressively.
Not all Pennsylvania car accidents are due to driver negligence. Other parties potentially responsible for a car crash are:
- Car manufacturers;
- Car parts and systems manufacturers;
- Government agencies in charge of road design and maintenance; and
- Companies that employ drivers with poor driving records.
Many of the reported accidents not involving driver negligence resulted from defective tires and wheels, and brakes.
Car Accident Injuries
Severe injuries can result from a car accident regardless of its cause. Car accident injuries vary according to the type of vehicles involved, the speed of the vehicles, and the configuration of the crash.
Some injuries typically seen in car accidents include:
- Head and brain injury, including traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Internal organ damage;
- Broken bones and fractures;
- Loss of a limb;
- Knee injuries;
- Shoulder injuries;
- Foot and ankle injuries;
- Wrist and hand injuries;
- Crushing injuries; and
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
While many car accident injuries are easy to see and treat, brain injuries are difficult to detect and may show up days or weeks after an accident. Always follow-up with a medical professional after your initial evaluation for injuries.
Car Accident Compensation
Compensation for a car accident is different in every accident. The amount of damages available to a victim depends on the parties involved, the severity and extent of the victim’s injuries, and the impact of the accident on the victim’s life overall.
Damage awards for car accident injuries often include:
- Medical bills and hospitalization;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of income;
- Property damages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma; and
- When applicable, wrongful death expenses.
Any compensation for a car accident should take future accident-related medical care and expenses into account.
What to Do After a Car Accident in West Chester
There are steps to take after a car accident to preserve your legal rights and overall health and well-being.
Protect yourself after an accident by doing the following:
- Seek immediate medical attention for any injuries even if they do not appear serious;
- Contact law enforcement so they can prepare an accident report at the scene;
- Collect contact information from the other driver, including their insurance information and driver’s license number;
- Collect contact information for any witnesses to the accident;
- Take pictures of the accident scene, any property damage, and your injuries; and
- Contact an experienced West Chester car accident attorney.
It is essential to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident. Our Chester County car accident lawyers are always available if you or someone you love has sustained a serious personal injury. There are time limits to file car accident claims in Pennsylvania, and evidence can disappear with time. Also, witnesses may move or forget important details about the accident.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim in West Chester
It is crucial to understand that there are various deadlines for car accident victims to be aware of. First, the insurance carriers involved in these cases are going to have very strict reporting deadlines, often within a day or two after the accident occurs. Failing to report a car accident to the insurance carriers promptly can result in the claim being delayed or denied.
Additionally, the Pennsylvania personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an accident occurs. If a West Chester car accident victim fails to file a lawsuit within this two-year time frame, they will not be able to recover compensation for their losses.
What if You Were Partially At-Fault for a West Chester Car Accident?
One of the most common defenses offered by an at-fault driver and their insurance carriers in these situations is that the other driver was partially or completely responsible. This can complicate the compensation recovery process. However, you may not be aware that Pennsylvania operates under a “modified comparative negligence” system. This means that injury victims can still recover compensation even if they are up to 50% at fault for the incident.
Any person 51% or more responsible for an injury will not be able to recover compensation. However, for those 50% or less responsible, they can still recover compensation, though it will be reduced based on their percentage of fault. For example, if a T-bone car accident victim sustained $100,000 worth of medical bills, but it just discovered that they were 30% responsible for the incident because they were looking at their phone when the auto accident occurred, then they would be awarded $70,000 instead of before $100,000.
How to Afford a West Chester Car Accident Attorney
West Chester car accident victims often struggle financially in the days, weeks, and months following the incident. This can make it seem impossible to be able to afford an attorney to help with a claim. However, the attorneys at Wilk Law take West Chester car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that we make sure that our clients face no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. In fact, our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to. If we do not win the case, our clients will not pay a dime.
We believe that this type of fee arrangement allows for any person, regardless of their financial status or education level, to be able to afford the legal assistance that they need to obtain justice and compensation for what happened.
Contact a West Chester Car Accident Attorney
If you would like your car accident reviewed by an experienced West Chester attorney, call Wilk Law. Not only can our car accident attorneys answer your claims questions, but we can also refer you to specialists and other personal injury services to aid in your recovery.
Your initial consultation is free at Wilk Law, and we do not charge upfront fees or expenses to handle your claim. Contact our Philadelphia office now to discuss the specific facts of your car accident and learn how Wilk Law can help you get the justice, compensation, and closure you need to move forward with your life.