West Chester Slip and Fall Attorney
Minor slip and falls may be embarrassing and bruise your ego more than anything else. However, a serious slip and fall accident can cause debilitating injuries, loss of income, and enormous medical expenses. If you or your loved one suffered severe slip and fall injuries due to a negligent property owner or tenant, call Wilk Law today at (855) 946-3678, or contact us online.
The slip and fall attorneys at Wilk Law will review your claim at no cost and advise you if you qualify for compensation to help pay your medical bills and replace your lost income. Our law firm has decades of combined legal experience working on behalf of slip and fall victims, and our attorneys are:
- Recognized for excellence in the legal community;
- Aggressive and driven to win; and
- Knowledgeable in all areas of premises liability law, including slip and falls.
Wilk Law’s attorneys will answer your slip and fall questions and help put your mind at ease. There are no upfront costs or fees to hire our firm. We collect our fees when we win compensation for you.
A West Chester Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help
Retaining a slip and fall attorney, like ours at Wilk Law, is an essential first step after any slip and fall accident. The insurance company has a team of adjusters and attorneys on their side working for their best interests, and so should you.
The slip and fall attorneys at Wilk Law will build the strongest, trial-ready case for your recovery possible. This includes, but is not limited to, doing the following:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident;
- Interviewing any witnesses;
- Obtaining medical records, police reports, and other necessary documentation;
- Hiring needed accident, medical, and financial experts;
- Assessing your losses;
- Calculating and demanding a fair settlement amount;
- Negotiating an appropriate settlement on your behalf; or
- Proceeding towards trial.
Do not make any recorded statements to or sign any insurance company documents before speaking with Wilk Law. You could sign away your right to future compensation or leave yourself with accident-related debt.
Where Do Slip and Falls Occur in West Chester?
Slip and falls can happen anywhere. Falls make up nearly nine million emergency room visits annually and are among the leading causes of unintentional death in the United States.
Typical locations slip and falls occur are:
- Movie theaters;
- Government buildings;
- Public commons;
- Private homes; and
- Apartment complexes.
What Causes Slip and Falls?
Slip and falls result from an unintended or unexpected change in the contact between the feet and the ground.
Causes of slip and falls vary, but the most common include:
- Wet or freshly waxed floors;
- Icy walkways;
- Poor lighting;
- Missing safety railing;
- Cluttered floors;
- Food debris on floors;
- Potholes or uneven concrete; and
- Torn carpeting.
How to Prevent Slip and Falls
The most important way to prevent slip and falls is to practice good housekeeping. Without good housekeeping, no other measures are quite as effective in reducing the number of slip and falls and personal injuries.
Good housekeeping techniques include the following:
- Clean up spills immediately;
- Place proper signage in wet areas;
- Mop and sweep up debris from floors;
- Keep walkways free of clutter;
- Tack or tape rugs and mats that do not lie flat;
- Always keep storage drawers closed;
- Cover and mark cables that cross walkways;
- Keep work areas and walkways well lit; and
- Replace light bulbs and faulty light switches.
Contact a West Chester Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or your loved one suffered a slip and fall accident, seek medical care right away, even if your injuries seem minor. Some injuries, like brain injuries, are difficult to detect and do not become readily apparent for days or weeks after an accident.
Next, contact an experienced slip and fall attorney, like ours at Wilk Law. Be sure to contact us right away at (855) 946-3678, or contact us online. Evidence fades, and witnesses move or lose their memories over time.
Pennsylvania requires the filing of most slip and fall claims within two years of the injury date. Otherwise, recovery is barred. For specific time limits in your slip and fall case, contact Wilk Law to schedule your free initial consultation.
Some of the locations in and around Chester County our law firm serves includes West Chester, Coatesville, Downingtown, Philadelphia, Berwyn, Frazer, Kennett Square, Phoenixville, Pottstown, Valley Forge, and more.